Thursday, January 23, 2014

#Empowered

[Psa 84:2 KJV] 2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

This is my new craving for the year.  For a long time, I craved unhealthy food while watching movies with my husband after the children went to bed.  Even before we had our children, we would eat before bed.  Day after day, month after month, year after year, the weight just kept creeping up.  At first I justified my eating habits because I was either pregnant or nursing and needed the extra calories to keep up with my conditions.  In reality, I just wanted food.

Now, I feel #empowered by God's grace to kick this unhealthy habit.  It really should not be hard.  I eat very healthy during the day because I want my kids to see that healthy foods are best.  I was able to kick the habit for about 3 years, but then became pregnant again and used food as an excuse to put on the weight needed for my growing baby.

My baby is almost a year old and I am still in the habit of eating before bed.  I have told my husband my plan of action, and by God's grace, he is going to help me to combat this habit by doing it with me.  Now that's being #empowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment