Thursday, January 16, 2014

Jesus Saves

I came to know the Lord in February 2004 when I gave birth to our still born baby boy whom we called Nathan.  Up until then I knew of Him, but did not really know Him or what He could do for my life.  I had 2 young children at that time (a boy who was almost 4 and a girl who was 3).

Since that point, God has blessed me with 3 more living children (all girls).  I have had my trials as well, but I came to realize that living for Christ was not going to be an easy road.  I have family and friends who called me a hypocrite because they knew what my life was like before the Lord entered in and they did not think this was 'real' for me.  Over the years, I lost those friends and had strained relationships with family.  I have also gained good Christian friends and have not allowed the trials to get me down too far.

I still 'back slide' at times, but I know that my redeemer lives and His mercies are new every day for those who call Him Lord.  I know have 2 children that have come to Christ and I could not be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, I am so sorry to hear that you lost a child & had to suffer that pain. The beauty that came from that though is that you came to know Jesus as your personal savior! Not a one of us are perfect so therefore thank you Jesus that your mercies are new every morning! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete